Saturday, October 2, 2010

What I'll be sleeping on



Doing a French theme for my niece's 3rd birthday gifts. I found this super cute vintage knit on eBay. Though I didn't notice until recently that the boy mouse is holding $100, so I don't know what that implies about the girl mouse...




Then I found this girl's tunic, size 10/12, and thought it could be the base for a dress. Unfortunately my daughter has fallen in love with it, so it might have to be hers for the holiday. There is a stain on the front skirt (at about 11:00 position), so I'll need to figure out an embellishment plan. Ideas? One consideration is to use the mouse fabric (I have about 2 1/2 yards) to make something for each niece and my daughter.

5 comments:

  1. the mouse fabric...that is hilarious, I mean the coulditreallybeamousehooker part lol. I think it would make amazing twirl skirts.

    For the red dress, you could do a simple red sequined flower or heart to cover the stain. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed this print to my husband last night and he immediately saw the money bill and made the connection lol. BUT we came up with a solution. How small is the print? Is it possible to buy or cut out little heart to cover up the bills? Then it could be like the boy mouse was giving the girl a valentine, and her smirk would be justified. :) If you did that you could always make my LO a skirt too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. the dollar bill is about 3/4 inch, but I think some red fabric paint would do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh fabric paint would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - too funny! (although great catch considering it was seen prior to going out!) Fabric paint does sound like the perfect solution...

    ReplyDelete