Friday, October 22, 2010

Bringing home a baby bumble bee

I finally decided to make August a bumble bee for Halloween. I figured cheap and easy and I had everything I needed for the main part of the costume in my stash!! I used this gigantic maternity dress that I pretty much lived in while pregnant, an XL yellow t shirt with another unfortunate embroidery, and a yard of yellow tulle that I had.
I used the LBB Sienna pattern and added ruffles of tulle and black knit to the bottom. I worked on it last night and when I tried it on Augie this morning I wasn't in love. So I'm about to add more of the yellow t-shirt ruffles to the bodice and sleeves. The yellow tulle isn't really showing up yellow but I only had a yard and I didn't want to go buy anymore ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love the yellow t shirt ruffles. Can't wait to see the finished costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was a bumblebee once. We got a foam crown from the craft store and used glitter-glue to write the word Queen. Then found a stuffie rose about 2 feet tall that she carried around.
    Augie looks great!

    ReplyDelete