Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The upcycled quilt

No points for this one since it was sewn last winter and each shirt was purchased specifically for this project. The most fun additions include a pair of my "fat pants" and squares from Hawaiian shirts my son wore for class pictures in kindergarten and 1st grade. There also are a few squares that were overrun uniform shirts for Domino's Pizza, so there are reflective strips on them that 'glow' at night. The project took over the living room for a few weeks and I singed our new area rug while ironing the fusible batting, but he loves it! So did the cat. Sadly, she passed away on Sunday at the ripe old age of 14.

4 comments:

  1. oooh I love it. Not for this month of course, but would you be interested in a quilt square exchange in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my quilting days are over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut out a bunch of squares once and didn't go any further LOL This looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my stash I have a tote bag full of squares from all Hawaiian shirts, intended to be picnic/tummy time blankets for my nephew and cousin's son, both born within 24 hours of eachother, in MAY. If my butt can handle a marathon, I probably could whip one out in a day since cutting is the least-fun part. I bought a bunch of different colored denim jeans at a garage sale and those were going to be the backing.

    ReplyDelete