Saturday, October 9, 2010

Some Ups and Downs -





So I decided I love the way this dress turned out on her! Its nice and drape-y and doesn't seem to get hung up on her leggings. (I also really liked the fact that she couldn't wait to try on the dress this morning!).


The rest of the week was pretty busy. I only managed to cut out the next dress on Thursday, and I played around a little bit with some of my scraps. I think I want to do some kind of patchwork twirl skirt, I just haven't decided which scraps I want to use or how oddly shaped I want to let them be... Actually, on second thought, I think I might just let Maya choose all the scraps and see what she does!




So last night when I returned home, my first priority was getting out the dress I had out on Thursday. I went with the flutter sleeves and a crazy lycra knit... The "A" piece from the sienna pattern is a little bit shorter than the Giants dress so it ended up being a little more tunic-like than the other. Either way, I still like the way it turned out!


Unfortunately, my other project for last night didn't come out as well as I liked. Back when I purchased the Juicy terry cherries fabric, Maya had requested a pillow. I decided to do a little ruffle and I think that was my undoing... More of an execution error on my part than anything else. It looks ok from far away, but on closer inspection its pretty clear that there are sections that aren't quite right. I think this will have to be scrapped into something else, and I'll make another attempt at it tonight or tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. I love the dresses. The draping is perfect!!! What is it that you don't like about the pillow? Is it redo-able?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alot of the ruffle part didn't end up sandwiched properly. I might be able to seam rip it, but I'm leaning toward just doing it over... Too much work to rip and re-do!

    ReplyDelete