Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fell off the wagon ;-)


Ok - so I'll be the first one to admit I purchased some fabric today... (Approx 4 yds - although none of it is in this photo).

Bright side is, my salvation (kinda) is hinted in the form of the 4 spools of serger thread... I bought a serger yesterday on Amazon.com (Brother 1034D), and it is supposed to arrive Tuesday. I wonder if I can get off early Tues to come home and set it up? (Wishful thinking, but one can always hope.)

In honour of said serger, I cut the fabric for two asymetrical dresses (2 xl shirts), one regular sienna dress (1 small shirt), and a twirl skirt (1 small shirt and some yardage from fabric I had lying around) ... So tonight, even though I go about 4 yards in the hole, I'll climb out with the 4 yards I've set aside to sew! Yay!

I also purchased a pillow insert since my daughter has been begging for a pillow made out of some Juicy terry I purchased earlier this summer. I can't wait to tackle the ruffle! (Ok, was that too close to false enthusiasm?)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah - and I cut out the appliqués for 5 butterflies today... :-) Where oh where will they show up?!

    And congratulate Felicia for a great weekend! She sold out of all but one scarf at a show this weekend! Yay 3 Little Bird Stitch Co!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you make! For the ruffle I would serge the outer edge, then gather with a regular sewing machine (unless you got the special ruffler serger foot with your machine???). Congrats on your purchase! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete