Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sophie's Smock



My 3-year old niece is getting an easel for her birthday, so I'm making her a smock. I started with this women's 2XL blouse in thicker, wrinkle-free cotton. I don't have a picture, but the original buttons are down the back. The neck hole is wide enough, though, that she can pull it on/off herself. I intend to add some velcro closures under the arms somewhere.


The pockets are made from the arm cuffs. The neck is quite plain, I'm thinking about a tiny ruffle? Other ideas? I've never made a fabric flower, either, I figure that could be cute somewhere too.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cuff for the pocket! Cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pockets are adorable! I love ruffles so that would be incredibly cute at the neck. Flowers are pretty too though. Did you see that Dana of MADE did a group of links about fabric flowers the other day? i've been wanting to try them too!

    ReplyDelete