Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mini-Stash (well, kind of...)

Fellow stashers, I'd like to introduce you to my mini-stash... Although, I firmly believe the small space my stash takes up is deceptive as laundry baskets seem to follow that "its much bigger on the inside, than the outside" Mary Poppins' carpetbag-like trait.

Now, the sad part is that I've amassed this amount of fabric since the middle of August. I had planned on sewing more than I have, but real-life intervened in a dramatic fashion with busy weeks (boo 10-12 hour work-days!) and even busier weekends. I'm hoping this game will give me the motivation to work my way through this collection!

Oh, and it might be a few days before I begin sewing. I enjoy sewing with my machine, but I've decided to go serger for this. In the mean time, I'm going to start cutting pieces! I consider that the least enjoyable portion of sewing anyway.

So I asked the kids how many dresses, skirts, shirts, hoodies, etc. they think I can make out of my laundry basket of goodies. Maya answered "one hundred"... And Lucas said the same. Sadly, they might be right! I guess the only way to find out is to start cutting! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I hate cutting the pieces out too! i don't know...you might be able to pull out a hundred if you cut very wisely ;)

    ReplyDelete