Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finally!


I finally got around to making something that wasn't for my shop! Luke really wanted one of the scarves I made for a show I did this weekend but he wanted it to be Star Wars. Luckily I had a Darth Vader tee in my stash. I freezer paper stenciled his name on the reverse but you can't it and he wouldn't take it off so I could get a pic of it laying out. I'll have to do that tonight when he gets home from school.


I also made him this hat to match using the tutorial for I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. Cheri is super creative and so NICE! I commented on her blog post with a question and she got back to me within just a few minutes. I highly recommend her projects, especially if you have a boy.

Oh- And I bought 3 yards of fabric over the weekend :( I am trying to copy a sweatshirt/ tunic thing I have and I needed fabric. I suck! LOL

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I think my son (7 1/2) is getting a little jealous, too. Though last year I sewed him a bedspread from upcycled mens' shirts cut into 9" squares. Man, how many points would I have gotten for that?!
    Anyhow, what are the materials for your scarf? Knit? Fleece? I must steal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't suck ;) And my son would love that scarf too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! This one is all t-shirts but I am thinking sweatshirt would be nice too once it gets colder.

    ReplyDelete